The 80-20 Rule
Paretos Principle, commonly referred to as the 80-20 rule, was introduced in 1906 by Vilfredo Pareto. Pareto was an Italian economist who documented that 20% of the people owned 80% of the property and wealth in society. The concept was later generalized to state:
80% of consequences stem from 20% of causes.
If some items or events are arranged in order of value, 80% of the total value will come from only 20% of the items. Obviously, it’s not exact, sometimes it’s a little more and sometimes it’s a little less. But, 80% of the time you will probably find the paretos principle holds true:
- 80% of your grocery bill is spent on 20% of the most expensive items
- 80% of your laundry is done on 20% of your clothes
- 80% of production is in 20% of a production line
- 80% of sick leave is taken by 20% of employees
- 80% of TV time is with 20% of your favorite programs
- 80% of problems are caused by 20% of the people
- 80% of results come from the efforts of 20% of the people
- 80% of repeat sales come from 20% of customers
- 80% of our results come from 20% of our efforts (when "in the zone”)
Paretos Principle also holds a piece of the puzzle to financial success:
- Those in the top 20% earn 16 times more than the bottom 20%.
- The top 4% (top 20% of top 20%) earn 54 times!
They don’t worry about:
- Job Security
- Where their next paycheck will come from
A home business offers the leverage that takes advantage of Paretos Principle.
Request our FREE Home Business Success Pack to see how.
Click here to return to
Starting a Small Home Based Business:
Apply Paretos Principle
"Money is important, but I don't
want to spend my life working for it."
-Quote from Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant
The Perfect Business CD is a 25 minute...and We Want To Give You A Copy Free
audio interview that introduces you to
Robert Kiyosaki and his philosophy on
The Perfect Business.
Click Here For Your Free Perfect Business CD
¦ About Us ¦
Contact Us ¦ Our Partners ¦
¦ Site Map ¦ Links ¦ Home
Business Consultants ¦
© Copyright 2005. Home-Business-Expert.com